Charity Quilts or “Community Support”
Community Support is an important part of the Snake River Valley Quilt Guild. All Guild members are invited to participate, and finished quilts are distributed to various organizations with special needs for quilts.
Community Support Prizes
We are putting together some baskets of goodies for prizes. The person who earns the most points will definitely win one. The other winners will be drawn from a hat. Every point you earn gets your name in the drawing. The points are as follows:
- If you donate a totally finished King or Queen size quilt you get 20 points.
- Double or Twin size, 16 pts.
- Doll quilt, lap or baby, 12 pts.
- If you donate a large quilt top, 5 pts.
- Small quilt top, 3 pts.
- If you quilt one of our tops, large 5 pts. or small 3 pts.
- If you bind a quilt you get 1 point per yard.
- If you put together some Quilt -As-You-Go blocks, 1 pt./yd.
- One point for each pillowcase or Christmas Stocking.
- One point for each donated item that goes into the Christmas Stockings.
We will continue to hand out Crackerjack kits. They don’t earn points because of the prizes inside.
Past recipients of quilts include Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (crib quilts), local Red Cross offices, various Christmas community services, the Domestic Violence Intervention Center, Harbor House, The Haven, City of Refuge.
Members have donated fabric to this project and help is always needed. Packets of fabric can be picked up at the meetings and taken home to be worked on and turned in at another meeting.